Government entities or organizations in natural resource management and policy call upon us to coordinate review of products that contain important scientific and technical determinations. If viewed by diverse audiences as legitimate, credible and transparent, an independent assessment can advance the use of rigorous scientific information in management and policy decisions. Our review processes are designed to promote candor among reviewers and provide useful outputs that accommodate processes and goals for a variety of agencies and organizations.
Designing the Process
When it comes to building a review process, there is no one-size-fits-all. The diversity of review requests we receive requires a suite of approaches that can be tailored to each case, and not all products will receive the same level of review. Processes may range from anonymous independent written reviews, to highly transparent in-person panel workshops. Contact us to explore how we can support your peer review process.
- Ballast Water Treatment Technology review for California State Lands Commission (2019)
- Oil Seeps review for California State Lands Commission (2016)
- California Spiny Lobster Fishery Management Plan review for California Department of Fish and Wildlife (2015)
- Sediment Management Guidelines review for the Coastal Sediment Management Working Group (2015)
- Red Abalone Density Estimation Methods review for California Department of Fish and Wildlife (2014)